The London Theatre Seminar is an inter-collegiate seminar hosted by the Institute of English Studies and attracts participants from all theatre departments in London. The seminar is a public forum for the development of theatre and performance scholarship and its inter-collegiate and collaborative aspects are central to the productively speculative nature of its enquiry.
Schedule for Autumn 2017:
- 5 October 2017 – Postgraduate Panel with Leah Sidi (Birkbeck): ‘Sarah Kane, Psychiatry and Dramaturgies of Dislocation’, and Nina Marie Gardner (RHUL): ‘Collaborating with Ghosts to Inhabit the Body: Adapting Women’s Literary Modernism to the Stage.’
- 9 November 2017 – Stephen Greer (University of Glasgow)
- 7 December 2017 – Caoimhe Mader McGuinness (Kingston University) and Nadine El-Enany (Birkbeck)
Forthcoming in Spring/Summer 2018
- 11 January 2018: Joint Seminar with European Theatre Research Network
- 1 February 2018: Giulia Palladini (Roehampton University)
- 1 March 2018: Performing Oceans, interdisciplinary panel on dance and English Literature with Arabella Stanger (Sussex) & Matt Kerr (Southampton)
- 26 April 2018: Postgraduate Panel TBC
Seminars take place in the University of London Senate House. They begin at 6.30pm and close at 8.30pm, and then often reconvene in a local pub. All are welcome, and there is no need to book.