The London Theatre Seminar is an inter-collegiate seminar hosted by the Institute of English Studies and attracts participants from all theatre departments in London. The seminar is a public forum for the development of theatre and performance scholarship and its inter-collegiate and collaborative aspects are central to the productively speculative nature of its enquiry.
SAVE THE DATES: LONDON THEATRE SEMINAR 2019-20
We are pleased to announce London Theatre Seminar’s forthcoming 2019-20 schedule, which will feature a range of provocative and challenging talks, panels, and roundtables, across disciplines. No need to book for any events! Please save the dates, and we hope to see you there.
Please note that owing to the ongoing academic boycott of the University of London Senate House (https://iwgb.org.uk/en/boycottsenatehouse), this year’s London Theatre Seminar series takes place at Birkbeck, University of London. Click here for a map to the Birkbeck, University of London campus locations. Malet Street is location 1 and Gordon Square is location 13 on the map.
For the first seminar of the year, we are delighted to welcome Kareem Khubchandani (Tufts University).
Thursday 31 October, 6.30-8.30pm (Room G23, Malet Street): Kareem Khubchandani (Tufts University): Dancing Against the Law: Critical Moves in Queer Bangalore
- Thursday 21 November, 6.30-8.30pm (Room G23, Malet Street): Postgraduate panel
- Thursday 12 December, 6.30-8.30pm (Room G23, Malet Street): Rebekah Maggor (Cornell University)
- Thursday 23 January, 6:30-8:30pm (G17, 43 Gordon Square)
- Thursday 20 February, 6:30-8:30pm (G23, Malet Street)
- Thursday 12 March, 6:30-8:30pm (G17, 43 Gordon Square)
- Thursday 7 May, 6:30-8:30pm (G17, 43 Gordon Square)